FOIA Advisor

Q&A: New Jersey criminal record from 1974

Q&A (2015-16)Allan BlutsteinComment

Q.  How do I get a copy of a misdemeanor conviction that happened in New Jersey in 1974?

A.  If you want to obtain records about yourself, you may submit a request to the New Jersey State Police or to the FBI.  You might also be able to obtain a "court disposition" from the court that presided over the case.  A list of New Jersey trial courts are available here.  Certain criminal information is accessible to the public via a New Jersey Judiciary database, but it does not include information before 1994.