FOIA Advisor

Q&A: first-party request to U.S. Attorney General

Q&A (2015-16)Allan BlutsteinComment

Q.  I am a criminal trial lawyer seeking information [from U.S. Attorney General] about my client at my client's request How do I go about this and what is the appropriate form to use?

A.  Here is a form you can use to request files about your client from the U.S. Attorney General:  Send your request to Laurie Day, Chief, Initial Request Staff, Suite 11050, 1425 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20530-0001.