FOIA Advisor

Q&A: immigrant from Algeria in 1955

Q&A (2015-16)Allan BlutsteinComment

Q.  I am trying to help a homeless man and need to find immigration records to prove his identity so he can apply for benefits.  He came from Algeria in 1955. 

A.  The records you seek may be available at the National Archives and Records Administration, which maintains immigration records for arrivals to the United States from foreign ports between approximately 1820 and 1982.  Additional information is available here.