FOIA Advisor

Q&A: Heat, fire, and water

Q&A (2015-16)Allan BlutsteinComment

Q.  To which component of the U.S. Dep't of Health and Human Services should I send a request concerning the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program?

A.  You might wish to submit your request to HHS's Administration for Children & Families (ACF), which administers the program.  Here is information about submitting a request to ACF:

Q.  How do I file a request to DC Fire and Emergency Management Services in Washington, D.C.?

A.  You may submit a FOIA request to D.C. Fire & EMS via this web portal:

Q.  How do I make FOIA request to the Coast Guard about an injury that occurred on a vessel in 2013.   

A.  To  submit a FOIA request to the U.S. Coast Guard, just follow the instructions here: