FOIA Advisor

Q&A: How to file a request in the Garden State

Q&A (2015-16)Allan BlutsteinComment

Q.   I would like to use the FOIA to request information from the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS).  How do I initiate this request?

A.  In New Jersey, you may submit an "Open Public Records Act" through the following centralized web site:  The agency you should select is the Dep't of Human Services, under which DYFS operates.