FOIA Advisor

Q&A: Indiana here I come?

Q&A (2018)Allan BlutsteinComment

Q.  Can I request all documents and emails containing my name and address from Indiana Child Protective Services that they have from this year ?

A.  I am not sufficiently familiar with Indiana's Access to Public Records Act (APRA) to predict with certainty how the agency would likely process your request.  I suspect, however, that you would not be able to obtain records of any complaints or pending investigations about you, for example, nor records of third parties in which you are merely mentioned.  For a more informed answer, you might wish to contact a lawyer licensed to practice in the State of Indiana or  Indiana's Public Access Counselor, which provides free assistance to the public concerning records access laws.